Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to read IEC and JIC drawing standards
- Reads and comprehends elementary diagrams, single line diagrams, & machine control flow sheets
- Mark up drawings for design
- Effectively executes appropriate turnover procedures
- Writes PLC programs in the platform required and generates HMI applications
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot various communications networks, Ethernet, device net,etc
- Creates drive programs in platform required
- Working knowledge of various drive systems
- Provides commissioning support for machine and system installations and start up support
- Flexibility to support multiple machine start-ups and changing customer demands
- Identify the need to kick off Engineering/Equipment Change Request (ECR) and Engineering Change Authorization (ECA) processes
- Writes engineering instructions (EI) and PSI check list
- Performs Vendor Acceptance Test (VAT)
- Capable of generating and implementing safety validation plans
- Capability to troubleshoot hardware systems, components, devices, etc.
- Understands safety requirements of machine design and functionality and ensures issues/questions are raised accordingly
- Has a working knowledge of power & control hardware & mechanical design
- Has a working knowledge of fluid power systems
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven ability to work independently toward assigned goals and objectives
- Interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Diploma or Associates degree (A.S.) from College or University
- Or one to five years related experience and or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic language skills required
- Basic math and problem-solving skills required
- Unit conversion from SI to metric and vice versa
- Understands kinematics and first principal physics
- Understands basic IT functions (networks, switches & routers, etc)
- Understands Virtual Machine configurations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and affiliated software packages.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Promis-E, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Elec, experienced preferred
- Rockwell/Allen-Bradley software preferred, Siemens experience a plus
- Must be capable of learning other software packages (Ex: Vision)
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Individual must possess the interpersonal skills to communicate with coworkers and/or customers at all levels of the organization and present data to diverse audiences.
- The ability to lift 25-40 pounds regularly.
- The ability to respond quickly to sounds.
- The ability to move safely through busy plant environment, or over uneven foundations.
- The ability to see and respond to dangerous situations.
- The ability to safely climb ladders, stairs, mezzanines, etc. while carrying 25-40 pounds.
Apply for job
Please login to submit application